Fire Hose Reels, fire extinguishers and fire blankets are the first line of defence and their correct use can significantly reduce the damage caused by a fire. It is critical that your staff are trained in the correct use of fire hose reels, fire blankets, and fire extinguishers to ensure that they use them effectively and without placing themselves and others at risk.
Maintenance And Inspection
It is important and a requirement Australian Standards 2441 and 1851, that fire hose reels are inspected and maintained on a regular basis to ensure that they are in good working order when they are needed in the event of an emergency.
Our experienced technicians at Secure Fire Protection have been trained and certified at inspecting Fire Hose Reels to make sure that the systems are damage-free, perform at their best capacity and operate without any hindrance.
Using Fire Hose Reels
- DO NOT USE ON ELECTRICAL FIRES. Remember water conducts electricity, so using a fire hose reel on it could lead to electrocution
- Ensure that you have the correct type of extinguishing agent and you are trained and certified how to use the fire hose reel correctly
- Ensure that you have a clear egress between you and the nearest exit door.
- Turn on the stop valve.
- Run out the length of hose as required.
- Turn on the water at the nozzle and direct the stream at the base of the fire.
- Sweep the fire hose from side to side to cover the entire base of the fire.
Get In Touch With Secure Fire Protection Now!
To know more about our services and how do we help our clients improve fire safety levels in their organisations; get in touch with our experts at Secure Fire Protection. Visit Secure Fire Protection or call one of our professionals at 1300 821 911 today to discuss your project or to get a quote.