Blog image

The Danger Of Grease Fires

Grease fires are a common type of household fire that occurs because of cooking oil reaching above 190°C- 232°C. In the event of a grease fire, always remember to either cut off the oxygen supply by covering the pan with a metal lid or to pour baking soda over the fire to extinguish it. When faced with a grease fire, it is crucial to not use water to extinguish the fire as it has a high chance of spreading, do not try to move, or carry the pot as the burning oil may spill onto you or your home, and do not attempt to put out the fire with any other baking product besides baking soda. Another technique to prevent the spread of a grease fire is to run a damp cloth before, during and after cooking to prevent any 'jumping' fires.

Avatar
Posted By
admin

Stay Compliant and Stay Safe

Get the latest compliance Information today